Wednesday, December 21, 2011


As a child and a wife I grew up lacking most importantly self-confidence and self-esteem. I am no longer a child or a wife, but I am a mother who strives for her children to have self-esteem and have confidence in everything they do. However, telling your children to be confident and as a parent not showing it, what example is that for a child?
There started my journey of me being more confident in my life. I used to live for what people would say or think about me, always wanted others feedback, never take risk, always remain stuck in the same place. The meanings of confidence: belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities; self-confidence; self-reliance. If you cannot believe in yourself and your abilities, no one else can or will.
I had to get myself in that mindset, determined to carry things through, and even though sometimes you feel that you cannot accomplish your goal, you still have to push through and believe in yourself that you can do whatever comes your way. Seek help; do not be afraid to say you need help. Go over the achievements you have accomplished in your life even with adversity. Set achievable goals, these are targets that you set for yourself, if you are not meeting your goals; go over what it is you might be doing wrong and restart your goal if you have to. Also learn positive thoughts, stray from negative thoughts that can destroy your confidence; create strong mental images of yourself. These are some of the strategies that are working for me, and for the year to come I am going to be more successful in getting myself there. Also with the help of God, my family, my friends and mentors in my life I will continue accomplish whatever comes my way..
“If you really put a small value upon yourself, rest assured that the world will not raise your price. ~Author Unknown”


~Ally Nelson

Credit & Collections Team Leader

No comments:

Post a Comment